With open enrollment season upon us, its no better time to reflect on the success that the Affordable Care Act has brought us in 2016.
For starters, this year’s enrollment met predictions made by the Congressional Budget Office (CBO), and surpassed those set by the Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services.
According to Kevin Counihan (@), CMS’ Chief Executive Officer of the Marketplace and Director of CCIIO, brokers and agents played a significant role in this achievement, enrolling nearly half of all Marketplace enrollments this year :
- Nearly half of all marketplace applications last year were recorded using alternative enrollment platforms (26% insurance company website & 23% Web Broker (WBE) websites) ; 
- Brokers assisted an average of 110 consumers with applications for marketplace coverage ; and
- 55% of brokers surveyed agreed that OE3 outperformed OE2 in overall results .
Click here to access this infographic and take a better look at the ACA in 2016.
I earned my BAA from the State University of New York at Stony Brook and MBA in Healthcare Administration from the University of Ohio (Athens). I was born and raised on Long Island, NY and enjoy capturing what the island has to offer through photography.
Latest posts by Yvonne Villante (see all)
- What Does that Customer Cost You? - April 12, 2017
- The Skinny on HSAs & HRAs - April 5, 2017
- President Trump’s American Health Care Act Introduces 15 Big Changes - March 10, 2017