Mark your calendars for these important Open Enrollment dates and deadlines.
Nearly 13 Million people enrolled in health insurance coverage last year. Whether you’re looking to renew your coverage or enroll for the very first time, there is a certain period, known as Open
Enrollment, where you can purchase or change your health insurance coverage.
Here are four key dates and deadlines to keep in mind this open enrollment.
— HHS.gov (@HHSGov) October 10, 2016
2017 Open Enrollment Dates & Deadlines
- November 1, 2016: Open Enrollment starts — first day you can enroll, re-enroll, or change a 2017 insurance plan through the Health Insurance Marketplace. Coverage can start as soon as January 1, 2017 
- December 15, 2016:Last day to enroll in or change plans for coverage to start January 1, 2017 
- January 1, 2017:2017 coverage starts for those who enroll or change plans by December 15 
- January 31, 2017:Last day to enroll in or change a 2017 health plan*. After this date, you can enroll or change plans only if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period. 
- If you haven’t enrolled in a health insurance plan by January 31, 2017, you generally won’t be able to purchase Marketplace health insurance coverage until the next Open Enrollment Period 
- If you are currently enrolled in a 2016 Marketplace plan, your coverage will end on December 31, 2016. To continue your health insurance coverage in 2017, you should keep paying your monthly payments 
Looking for more ways to prepare for Open Enrollment?
Visit us at www.welltheos.com or call 1-800-947-6757
The views and opinions expressed by the authors on this blog website and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of Softheon, Inc. (dba Welltheos).
I earned my BAA from the State University of New York at Stony Brook and MBA in Healthcare Administration from the University of Ohio (Athens). I was born and raised on Long Island, NY and enjoy capturing what the island has to offer through photography.
Latest posts by Yvonne Villante (see all)
- What Does that Customer Cost You? - April 12, 2017
- The Skinny on HSAs & HRAs - April 5, 2017
- President Trump’s American Health Care Act Introduces 15 Big Changes - March 10, 2017